Looking for something to do with kids over the summer? We’ve got you covered!
Our recurring youth programs will continue into the summer. Haven’t been before? Summer is the perfect time to start! Here’s what we offer on a regular basis:
- 1st Tuesdays at 3:45 pm – Crafting Basics: Create fun crafts to take home and enjoy! Ages 8+.
- 1st & 3rd Thursdays at 10 am – Nursery Rhyme Storytime: An introduction to storytime for our littlest audience- babies! Ages 0-24 months.
- 1st & 3rd Fridays at 10 am – Toddler Storytime: Fun with stories, songs, and a craft that encourages development of early literacy skills. Ages 3-6.
- 2nd & 4th Tuesdays at 10:30 am – Sign & Sing: Stories, songs, signs, movement, and bubbles with Communication Junction! Ages 0-5.
- 2nd & 4th Thursdays at 3:45 pm – Lego Club: Bring your friends and your imagination! Ages 4+.
- 3rd Tuesdays @ 3:45 pm – Cooking Basics: Learn to measure and mix, then munch on snacks you make yourself! Ages 8+.
- 3rd Thursdays @ 3:45 pm – Tween Creativity Club: A book club, writers workshop, and art space all in one! Ages 8-12.
- 4th Tuesdays @ 6 pm – Family Storytime: Bring you family to hear a special story read by a local community member! All ages.
- 4th Fridays @ 10 am – Music & Movement: Experiment together with new sounds, instruments, songs, dances, and meet friends while learning the fundamentals of music. Ages 0-5.
While we have our standard, recurring library programs happening, we will also have special summer programming to keep kids occupied over the summer! To go along with our summer reading program, we can’t wait to present Meet the Reptiles, Whiz Bang Science, and animals from Wildlife Prairie Park. Keep checking our calendar and Facebook page to keep up with all the summer fun.
We have all kinds of games and puzzles that can be played at the library. Pick one, and then find a comfy spot to sit and play! We also have board, card, and video games that you can check out to play at home. Browse our collection in person or check out the online catalog.
And last but not least, we have books! Buzz into a Book, our Summer Reading Program for all ages, starts on June 11. All you need to do is read 15 minutes a day for six weeks. Chapter books, picture books, magazines, audiobooks, graphic novels, and more can all count towards your summer reading goal. Check in for weekly prizes and then join us for a pool party if you complete all six weeks! More information and registration for Summer Reading 2023 here.
We can’t wait to spend the summer with you! See you soon 😊