While you can always register to vote online, our Deputy Registrar is happy to help you through the process in person, either using one of our computer stations to submit online or by using a mail-in registration form. Registration typically takes about 5 minutes.
When registering using a mail-in form, you will need to bring two forms of identification from this acceptable forms of ID list. If registering online, you will need:
- Your Illinois Drivers License or Illinois State ID number
- The date the license or ID was issued
- The last four digits of social security number
- Your birth date.
In addition to registering to vote for the first time, if you’ve moved you’ll need to re-register in order to change your address. More information on voting registration can be found here.
The library has several Notaries Public on staff. At least one is usually available at any given time, but appointments are recommended to be sure someone is available when you visit!
Have you seen the old-fashioned card catalog near the reference desk? It no longer holds records for books, but it does contain the essences of hundreds of other kinds of stories: seeds. Seeds carry with them not only their cultural history, but also the information to grow, produce more seeds, and adapt to new environments. You can become part of their story! Learn more
Explore More Illinois
Explore More Illinois is a free service provided by the library that provides instant online access to free and discounted tickets to museums, science centers, sporting events, zoos, park districts, theatres, and other fun and local cultural venues. Simply follow this link to the Explore More portal and enter your library card and PIN to get started
Are you unable to come to the library due to a temporary or permanent disability? Are you a resident of a retirement community or nursing home and would like your library books delivered? Our Home Delivery Service is free to patrons who are unable to physically visit the library! We bring books, audiobooks, and more directly to your home—for free! All you need is a valid library card.
Call us at 309-274-2719 to schedule a meeting with Lisa and receive help filling out our intake form or, if you’d prefer, download the intake form here and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deliveries will be made every two weeks unless other arrangements are made.
The Chillicothe Public Library District offers proctoring services free of charge. Students are responsible for the coordination between their school or university and the library. Please read the policies below to check whether the library’s service limitations for proctoring fit the needs of your exam.
You must schedule exam proctoring at least two weeks in advance of the test date. Please make an appointment by emailing email@example.com or calling 309-274-2719.
The student will:
- Verify the testing institution will allow the library to proctor
- Schedule an appointment according to institutional guidelines & requirements
- Allow enough time before the deadline to complete and return the exam
- Come prepared. Know what you can and cannot have with you on exam day
- Bring appropriate photo ID to the library on the scheduled exam day
- Provide postage and mailing supplies if not provided by the school
- Call the library during inclement weather to verify appointment availability
The library can:
- Proctor exams for individual students who have made appointments in advance
- Serve as delivery and return point for mailed, emailed, or faxed exams
- Proctor both online exams via web-based applications and paper-based exams.
- Certify that the student has taken an exam according to instructions
- Return the completed exam via any prepaid method
The library cannot:
- Accommodate requests for walk-in or unscheduled proctoring
- Guarantee test date rescheduling without advanced notice
- Provide a staff member to continuously monitor the exam
- Verify the correct exam materials have been received by the library
- Clarify procedural questions or instructions on behalf of the school or instructor
- Grade exams
- Guarantee completed exams will be received by a specific deadline
- Download or install software on library computers for test proctoring