The library has a Prusa i3 MK3S printer that was assembled at the library for use during library programs and for patrons to print 3D models in either ABS or PLA plastics. Websites such as Thingiverse and MyMiniFactory have a large variety of freely available designs for download, or you can create your own 3D models using CAD software such as Tinkercad or Meshmixer.
The printing rate is $1 an hour, with a maximum print time of 8 hours. Print time varies with the size, complexity, and density of the model; we’ll work with you to balance the settings for the best quality within our print time limit.
You can submit requests via the 3D printing request google form. If you’re submitting an object you designed yourself or is not posted online, files should be in .stl or .obj formats and can be submitted via email. Please mark your subject as “3D PRINT” and in the body include your name, the type of plastic you would like, your color preference, and any additional requests.
Once we receive files, they’ll be reviewed, prepped for printing, and added to the queue. Payment is due before printing can begin.
- Chillicothe Public Library will not print objects that are:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law
- Unsafe, harmful, dangerous or pose a threat to the well-being of others
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the library environment
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights
- We reserve the right to refuse any 3D print request
- Completed projects that are not picked up within 7 days will become the property of the library
- Items must be picked up by the individual who ordered the print
- We are not responsible for differences in the final outcome of the printed object and the original file as they may differ due to filaments, colors and other conditions out of our control
- Some objects will require extra material in the form of a brim (extra plastic around the bottom edge of the shape to ensure the object stays in place while printing) or supports (small towers of plastic to ensure overhanging parts of the object print correctly) that will need to be removed after the print is finished. We are not responsible for any clean-up of the final printed object
- Only designated library staff and volunteers will operate the 3D printer
Email questions and submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to give e-reading a try? Wish you had a screen larger than your phone but smaller than a laptop? We offer an Asus tablet for circulation! The tablet has Windows 10 installed and comes preloaded with a large selection of our music collection. Checkouts are for two weeks.
The library has a collection of PS4, XBox 360, Wii, and WiiU games available for check out. Browse our collection and try out a title for a week!
We also offer our WiiU for in-library use; play a game right here!
Virtual Reality Headsets
We have several virtual reality headsets available for checkout. The headsets are compatible with most smart phones and can be checked out for one week.
Check out the Internet!
The Library HotSpots are easy-to-use, mobile hotspots that keeps your tablet, laptop and other WiFi enabled devices connected to the Internet.
You can connect up to 10 devices to 4G LTE and 3G networks.
• Who can check out this device?
Chillicothe Public Library District patrons, over 18 years of age, with a valid Library card.
• How do I check out the device?
Stop by the Chillicothe Public Library Circulation Desk and use your Library card to check it out just like any other item. You will be required to read and sign a ‘Hotspot Loan Agreement’ at the time of checkout.
• How long can I keep it?
The device can be kept for a standard 2 week (14 day) checkout. Overdue hotspots will have Internet access deactivated within 24 hours beyond their due date. The fee for late return of the Hotspot equipment package is $1.00 per day.
• Can I reserve a hotspot to check out at a particular time?
No. Hotspots are available on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. They cannot be held or reserved.
• Can I use the hotspot outside of the U.S.?
No, the hotspots only work in the U.S.
• Can I use the hotspot to send/receive text messages?
No. Texting/SMS messaging is not available.
• How do I return it?
You must return the hotspot to the Chillicothe Public Library only. The complete package must physically be returned to a library staff member, and may not be returned to a drop box or to any other library. Borrowers will be charged a $5.00 fee for returns to a drop box, in addition to the replacement cost for any damage incurred.
The package is not considered returned until all items within it have been returned to the library in good condition. If any items are missing upon return, the library reserves the right to refuse acceptance of the equipment until all items are returned. This refusal does not waive any late fees.
• How much does it cost?
Borrowing and using the device is free! If the device is lost or damaged beyond repair, a $120 fee will be charged to your Library account.
• What information about my Internet usage, if any, is tracked by the Library or the service provider?
The hotspot program is an opt-in service, and the ISP (Sprint) is not bound to the Library’s patron privacy policies.
The Library does not have access to or collect specific usage data. The Library does not provide patron information to the service provider.
• Other questions?
Call us: 309-274-2719
Or email: email@example.com