The Chillicothe Public Library is committed to providing essential library services while keeping the health and safety of our patrons and staff at the forefront of our minds. We are actively monitoring the latest recommendations and working to ensure that guidelines are being followed.
Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, unless required by law, rules, or regulations, including local business and workplace policies.
How do you know if you are fully vaccinated?
- Two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose series, like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- Two weeks after you receive a single dose vaccine, like Johnson and Johnson’s Janssen vaccine.
- Everyone 16 years and older is now eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination.
- Children 12 years and older are able to get the Pfizer vaccine.
- You may have side effects, including pain, redness, and swelling on your arm where you got your shot, and tiredness, headache, muscle pain, chills, fever, or nausea throughout the rest of your body.
- These side effects are normal signs that your body is building protection and should subside within a few days.
- For more vaccine information: Center for Disease Control, Peoria County Health Department, and State of Illinois Vaccine Locations
What does this mean for the library?
- Visitors must wear face masks at all times while in the library.
- Please maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others, and limit browsing to one person per aisle.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the library. Visitors are encouraged to clean their hands before and after handling materials or equipment.
- Study rooms are available with one person per room for up to three hours. For reservations, call the library at 309-274-2719.
- Café tables available, limited to one person per table.
- Take advantage of our curbside service or drive up window available during open hours!
- Browse some of the digital resources we offer, including Libby, Overdrive, Hoopla, and Kanopy.
- Check out our virtual programming! We have postponed indoor programming indefinitely.
For more information: