Recent updates from the CDC:
If you are fully vaccinated:
- You may visit one household of low-risk friends and family without wearing masks. You may also visit with other fully vaccinated family and friends without wearing masks.
- Unless you are showing symptoms, you do not need to quarantine and be tested if you come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Wear a mask and socially distance with others in public.
- Avoid medium and large gatherings
- Get tested if you are experiencing symptoms
How to safely visit the library:
- Visitors must wear face masks at all times while in the library. Masks should cover your nose and mouth, and fit snugly around your face.
- Please maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others, and limit browsing to one person per aisle.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the library. Visitors are encouraged to clean their hands before and after handling materials or equipment.
- Study rooms are available with one person per room for up to three hours. For reservations, call the library at
- Café tables available, limited to one person per table.
If you don’t feel safe visiting in person:
- Take advantage of our curbside service available during open hours!
- Browse some of the digital resources we offer, including Libby, Overdrive, Hoopla, and Kanopy.
- Check out our virtual programming! We have postponed indoor programming indefinitely.
For more information:
- CDC Coronavirus Page
- Peoria County/City Health Department Coronavirus Page
- State of Illinois Coronavirus Page
Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns. We’re all in this together!