We look forward to seeing your smiling eyes again, when our doors re-open to the public on August 3. Please be aware that your library experience will look a bit different, and there are safety guidelines everyone will need to observe.
You can help us re-open (and stay open) safely!
- Visitors must wear face masks at all times while in the library. Masks will be provided to anyone without one. We are happy to serve those unable to comply at our drive-up window.
- Up to 40 visitors may use the library at one time. A staff member will greet you as you enter and give you a sanitized number card, to be returned when you leave. If we’re at capacity, additional visitors will be asked to wait outside.
- Please maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others, and limit browsing to one person per aisle.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the library. Visitors are encouraged to clean their hands before and after handling materials or equipment.
- Computer use will be by appointment only, and limited to one 1-hour session per day. You can schedule a slot by calling 309-274-2719, or stop by the library to see if a computer is available.
- At the beginning of your session, we will provide you with an alcohol wipe to disinfect the surfaces at your computer station (but not the monitors, please).
- Study rooms are available M-F by appointment, with one person to a room for up to three hours.
- We’ve temporarily removed the toys and some furniture. Public seating is available only in the Chapters Café area, with one person per table and for no longer than one hour.
- Public bathrooms are limited to the single-use facilities near the children’s area.
- Library programming will continue virtually and/or outdoors.
- Curbside service will continue during open hours, for anyone who prefers to access library services this way.
Public use hours, going into effect August 3:
M, W, F, Sa 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Tu, Th 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.—Reserved for seniors and high-risk visitors only.
Tu, Th 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.—Open to general public.
Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns. We’re all in this together!