March 16, 2020
In response to recommendations for limiting the spread of the COVID-19 virus we have determined it is in the best interest of our community to close the library beginning Tuesday, including suspending all public programs, events and use of our meeting spaces from March 17th through April 7th. Our current plan is to resume normal operations on Wednesday, April 8th but are keenly aware of the need to remain flexible.
Please note that all items currently being held for patrons may be picked up at the drive thru window but no new requests will be filled during this interim period. Furthermore, all items currently checked out will have the due dates adjusted to avoid any unnecessary penalties.
Additionally, to help our community keep connected the library’s Wi-Fi will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just log on from our parking lot to CPLDPublic; no password is necessary.
While it never feels good to close, we believe doing so is the appropriate solution to help mitigate risk to our community.
We’re looking forward to seeing you back in the library soon!
Until then, be well ~
For more information on COVID-19 please visit the following trusted resources:
- Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention (CDC) Website Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have created an Implementation of Mitigation Strategies for Communities with Local COVID-19 Transmission. This document (PDF) is useful for individuals and groups who may need assistance on creating a situational response or preparations for COVID-19 in their communities.
- CDC Webpage for Travelers
- Illinois Department of Public Health – COVID-19 resources, publications, guidance for healthcare providers, schools, caregivers
- State of Illinois COVID-19 Question Hotline – 1-800-889-3931 or send email to DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV
- Local Questions and Community Resources – 2-1-1 or 309-999-4029
- Facebook pages with local updates: Central Illinois Emergency Information or Peoria City/County Health Department