The library charges the following unit fees for self-service FAX:
- Domestic FAX: 25¢ per page
- International FAX: $4.00 per page
The library charges the following unit fees for self-service photocopies:
- Black and white copies: 25¢ per page
- Color copies: 50¢ per page
The purpose of notarization is to prevent fraud and forgery. A notary acts as an official and unbiased witness to the identity of persons who comes before the notary for a specific purpose.
- Please do not sign your documents before you come to the library. We are required to see you sign your documents.
- Each person signing the document must be present for us to notarize that signature.
- An ID with your signature is required so that we can verify your identity. PLEASE NOTE:Under recent changes in state law, the ID must be issued by a state or federal government agency and must bear the photographic image of the individual’s face and signature.
- Examples of acceptable IDs issued by a state or federal government agency with both a photographic image and signature are a valid state driver’s license or ID card, a United States military ID, or valid passport.
- Examples of IDs we cannot accept are Social Security cards, a United States passport card, or University of Illinois IDs that do not bear a photographic image or signature.
- Some documents require one or more witnesses. If your document requires witnesses as well as your own signature and notarization, please plan to bring with you a sufficient number of people willing to serve as your witnesses.
- The library cannot notarize government I-9 forms or Cook County deeds, nor can we provide an Apostille.
A notary public is almost always available whenever the library is open. Please call 309-274-2719 if you have any questions.
There is no fee for notary services.