November 16th, 2010 Minutes
Chillicothe Public Library District
Board of Trustees Regular Meeting
November 16, 2010
I. Call to Order
The regular meeting of the Chillicothe Public Library District Board of Trustees was called to order at 6:30 p.m. on November 16, 2010 at the Library. Present: Martha Canopy, President; Jane Harrison, Vice President; MJ Evans, Treasurer; Wed Turner, Secretary; Ralph O’Sullivan, Trustee; Nona Kelley, Trustee; and Susan Drissi, Library Director. Absent: Carie McIntyre, Trustee.
II. Pledge of Allegiance
All present united in giving the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.
III. Public Participation/Oral and Written Communication – A letter from Steve Sonnemaker, Peoria County Clerk thanking the library for hosting Early Elections. Brenda Boydston, our auditor, will present our 2010 audit at 5:30 p.m. on December 14, 2010 before the next scheduled board meeting.
IV. Regular Session
· Minutes of October 19, 2010 meeting
The minutes of the regular meeting of October 19, 2010 were approved as printed.
· Treasurer’s Report
MJ reported that a transfer from CEFCU Savings to 1st National should work. She wants to transfer $30,000 from CEFCU MM account to CEFCU Savings first, then see if the automatic transfer will work. A motion was made by MJ and seconded by Nona to pay the November bills as presented. The motion passed unanimously. A motion was made by MJ and seconded by Jane to transfer $30,000 from account 130-4, CEFCU MM Liquidated to CEFCU Savings then to account 100, Cash – CK 1st National. The motion passed unanimously. MJ reported that the Annual Financial Report is prepared by the auditor. The auditor files the report with the Comptroller. Colleen will file a copy with the County Clerk tomorrow.
Carie McIntyre, Trustee arrived at 7:00 p.m.
The Annual Report of Receipts and Disbursements is in draft form and will be completed soon. MJ asked for board comments on the sample Profit and Loss Report that she had provided. It was decided that the board would like to see the report in January for the period July 2010 through December 2010. Then every 3 months. We’ll see if the board finds it useful to continue. MJ and Martha gave a verbal report on our IRS problem. MJ plans to tackle the Wells Fargo copier lease problem.
· Reports of Staff, Director, and President – Martha and MJ were at the Jacqueline Schwab concert Sunday, November 14th and said it was wonderful. Peggy is back on American soil.
· Committee Reports
1. Policy –The terminology change Alex previously requested (computer to public work station) will be brought up next month.
· Unfinished Business
1. The proposed 2011 calendar was discussed. The board would like to see more open days if possible without messing with staff holidays. Carie will work with Susan to see if having half the staff off on one day and the other half of the staff off the next day or some other approach will work. Susan will work on it and bring the calendar back in December.
· New Business
1. Susan presented a bid from Wigand Lawn Care and More for snow removal on our parking lot and sidewalks. Discussion followed. A motion was made by Jane and seconded by MJ to stay with our current snow removal provider. The motion passed unanimously.
V. Executive Session (No action can be taken in Executive Session!) None
· Personnel (Possible action in Regular Session)
· Property (Possible action in Regular Session)
· Litigation (Possible action in Regular Session)
VI. Reconvene for Regular Session -
VII. Matters arising from Executive Session
VIII. All other matters coming before the Board
A motion was made by Carie and seconded by MJ to adjourn at 7:53 p. m. The motion passed unanimously.
Wed Turner, Secretary