Notary Services at Chillicothe Public Library
The Chillicothe Public Library now offers Notary Services to our library patrons free of charge. You must call ahead to the library to be sure that the Notary is on duty at the specific time that you plan to use the service.
Requirements for the use of Notary Services are:
- You MUST CALL 309-274-2719 and make an appointment with the Notary. Same day appointments are normally not a problem, but please call first.
- Look over your documents to be sure you have done everything required.
- Bring a picture ID with you as well as another current form of identification. You must have 2 forms of ID. (An example would be a drivers license or state ID and a FOID card, Military ID, Passport, Credit or Debit card with your name on it or a Check book with your name and address.)
- Do not sign anything until the Notary is present.
- If you need witnesses bring them along with you.
- When you arrive at the library there may be a short wait until the Notary is able to leave other duties to offer you Notary service.
Notary Service is available to the public:
Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.