March 16th, 2010 Minutes
Chillicothe Public Library District
Board of Trustees Regular Meeting
March 16, 2010
- Call to Order
The regular meeting of the Chillicothe Public Library District Board of Trustees was called to order at 6:38 p.m. on March 16, 2010 at the Library. Present: Martha Canopy, President; Wed Turner, Secretary; Ralph O’Sullivan, Trustee; MJ Evans, Trustee; Carie McIntyre, Trustee; and Susan Drissi, Library Director. Absent: Jane Harrison, Vice President; and Patty Audo, Treasurer.
- Pledge of Allegiance
All present united in giving the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.
- Public Participation/Oral and Written Communication – A letter from Project Graduation requested a donation.
- Regular Session
- Minutes of February 16, 2010 meeting
The minutes of the regular meeting of February 16, 2010 were approved as printed.
- Treasurer’s Report
A motion was made by MJ and seconded by Carie to transfer $30,000 from account 130-4, CEFCU MM Liquidated to account 100, Cash – CK 1st National and pay the bills. The motion passed unanimously.
- Reports of Staff, Director, and President – There were no questions.
- Committee Reports
- Susan will convert new/revised Job Descriptions to policy format for presentation next month and vote in May.
- Public Meeting Room Policy: The current charge does not recover costs. Are there liability issues with the building open after library hours or when staff is not present? Certain types of events required excessive set up and preparation. Write up proposed changes for review next month and a vote in May.
- Study Room Policy: One is needed. Staff will write it up for presentation next month.
- Patron Progressive Discipline: One is needed. Staff will write it up for presentation next month.
- Maintenance: MJ reported that board members could see examples of possible lobby fixes at the Red Carpet car wash on Knoxville (inset carpet) and the Landmark Cinemas (inset rubber mat).
- Unfinished Business
- The letter from Butler Brothers is too vague. Susan will contact them requesting details on the free items and bids on the other items.
- The $510 bid for the switch in the basement is too much. Susan was instructed to contact local electricians for competing bids.
- New Business
- Director Evaluation: Susan will complete part 6 and email it to all board members before she leaves on vacation. Trustees will complete parts 1, 2, and 3 before the April meeting.
- Discussion of Freedom of Information additions/changes. Phil Lenzini recommends an FOIA Officer and a Backup FOIA Officer .
- Susan recommended Gail Hintze as the Backup FOIA Officer. A motion was made by Ralph and seconded by MJ to appoint Susan as FOIA Officer and Gail Hintze as Backup FOIA Officer. The motion passed unanimously.
- Open Meeting Officer: It is Phil Lenzini’s opinion that the board needs an Open Meeting Officer and a likely candidate would be the Treasurer or Secretary. A motion was made by Carie and seconded by Ralph to appoint the Secretary as the Open Meeting Officer. The motion passed unanimously.
- There will be a Finance Committee meeting Saturday March 27 at 07:30 a.m. All board members are welcome to attend.
- Executive Session (No action can be taken in Executive Session!) - None
- Personnel (Possible action in Regular Session)
- Property (Possible action in Regular Session)
- Litigation (Possible action in Regular Session)
- Reconvene for Regular Session - Not Applicable
- Matters arising from Executive Session - Not Applicable
- All other matters coming before the Board
A motion was made by MJ and seconded by Carie to adjourn at 8:55 p. m. The motion passed unanimously.
Wed Turner, Secretary