January 19th, 2010 Minutes
Chillicothe Public Library District
Board of Trustees Regular Meeting
January 19, 2010
- Call to Order
The regular meeting of the Chillicothe Public Library District Board of Trustees was called to order at 6:45 p.m. on January 19, 2010 at the Library. Present: Martha Canopy, President; Wed Turner, Secretary; Ralph O’Sullivan, Trustee; MJ Evans, Trustee; and Susan Drissi, Library Director. Absent: Jane Harrison, Vice President; Patty Audo, Treasurer; and Carie McIntyre, Trustee
- Pledge of Allegiance
All present united in giving the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.
- Public Participation/Oral and Written Communication - Susan reported that the district had received a $100 Amazon gift card because of a survey that she completed.
- Regular Session
- Minutes of December 15, 2009 meeting
Minutes of the regular meeting of December 15, 2009 were reviewed and approved as printed.
- Treasurer’s Report
A motion was made by MJ and seconded by Ralph to transfer $35,000 from account 130-4 to account 100 and pay the bills. The motion passed unanimously.
- Reports of Staff, Director, and President
- Committee Reports
- Policy: The committee needs to meet on a Computer Technical Assistance policy.
- Maintenance: MJ presented an oral summary of the attached written report. Discussion followed. A motion was made by Ralph and seconded by MJ to hire someone to organize the boxes of paper work at a cost not to exceed $1500.00 for salary and cost of supplies. The motion passed unanimously.
- Unfinished Business
- New Business
- Susan and Colleen requested direction from the board on money owed the district by a former employee. Discussion followed. The board decided that an extended payment plan was appropriate.
- A motion was made by Wed and seconded by Ralph to approve the work order from Ruyle Corporation for repair of ERV#1. The motion passed unanimously.
- Executive Session (No action can be taken in Executive Session!) - None
- Personnel (Possible action in Regular Session)
- Property (Possible action in Regular Session)
- Litigation (Possible action in Regular Session)
- Reconvene for Regular Session - Not Applicable
- Matters arising from Executive Session - Not Applicable
- All other matters coming before the Board
A motion was made by MJ and seconded by Ralph to adjourn at 8:35 p. m. The motion passed unanimously.
Wed Turner, Secretary