February 16th, 2010 Minutes
Chillicothe Public Library District
Board of Trustees Regular Meeting
February 16, 2010
I. Call to Order
The regular meeting of the Chillicothe Public Library District Board of Trustees was called to order at 6:30 p.m. on February 16, 2010 at the Library. Present: Jane Harrison, Vice President; Patty Audo, Treasurer; Wed Turner, Secretary; MJ Evans, Trustee; Carie McIntyre, Trustee; Susan Drissi, Library Director and Gail Hintze, Children’s Librarian. Absent: Martha Canopy, President; Ralph O’Sullivan, Trustee.
II. Pledge of Allegiance
All present united in giving the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.
III. Public Participation/Oral and Written Communication – Gail gave the board a presentation on the New Harmonies grant. Gail requested ideas for people to contact as potential sponsors. She mentioned that the Heritage Ensemble, which will entertain at one event, will be performing at the Riverside Community Church in Peoria on February 20 if board members would like to see what their program would be like.
IV. Regular Session
· Minutes of January 19, 2010 meeting
A motion was made by Patty and seconded by MJ to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of January 19, 2010 as printed. The motion passed unanimously.
· Treasurer’s Report
A motion was made by MJ and seconded by Carie to transfer $30,000 from account 130-4 to account 100 and pay the bills. The motion passed unanimously.
· Reports of Staff, Director, and President – Susan reported successful resolution of a problem with patron Bryan DuPont.
· Committee Reports
1. Policy: none
2. Maintenance: The electrician recommended by Bishop Brothers came. No estimate has been received. There has been no follow up visit by Bishop Brothers either.
· Unfinished Business
· New Business
1. The repair of ERV#1 by Ruyle Corporation has been started but is now waiting on a part. Mr. Erik Fehl of Ruyle Corporation has provided Susan with a proposal to integrate our existing Alerton control system into AutomatedLogic’s WebCTRL and install monitoring devices on the HVAC equipment.
2. Susan informed the board of problems returning the copier now that its lease with Wells Fargo Financial Leasing Inc has ended. Wells Fargo has unilaterally extended the lease for another year. Susan is not finding Wells Fargo to be in the least cooperative. The board discussed the situation and instructed Susan to contact Phil Lenzini. We’d rather pay Phil than Wells Fargo Financial Leasing Inc.
3. A motion was made by Patty and seconded by MJ to keep the minutes of the executive session of the board closed. The motion passed unanimously.
V. Executive Session (No action can be taken in Executive Session!) - None
· Personnel (Possible action in Regular Session)
· Property (Possible action in Regular Session)
· Litigation (Possible action in Regular Session)
VI. Reconvene for Regular Session - Not Applicable
VII. Matters arising from Executive Session - Not Applicable
VIII. All other matters coming before the Board
A motion was made by MJ and seconded by Patty to adjourn at 8:07 p. m. The motion passed unanimously.