Please note: Due to changes at the IRS, The Chillicothe Public Library District will be unable to supply the usual variety of tax forms to our patrons for future tax years. You can obtain your own forms and instructions from the IRS by choosing one of the the follow options:
- IRS.gov/Forms – to view and download
- IRS.gov/orderforms – to order tax products to be delivered by mail
- 1-800-829-3676 – to order tax products to be delivered by mail
Local Tax Assistance and Counseling
The AARP Tax-Aide service is offered yearly February through April. This free service can answer most of the tax issues faced by middle- and low-income taxpayers, 60 and older. Volunteers are trained by the IRS, through a Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) grant. Location and hours are typically announced by early February.
Walk-in service only.
Phone: (309) 621-7273
2415 West Cornerstone Ct., Peoria, IL 61614
You may ask questions to help you prepare your tax return, or ask about a notice you have received.
Individuals: Toll-free, 1-800-829-1040
People with hearing impairments: Toll-free, 1-800-829-4059 (TDD)
Businesses: Toll-free, 1-800-829-4933
Individuals: Toll-free 1-800-732-8866 or 1-217-782-3336
People with hearing impairments: 1-800-544-5304 (TDD)
Business Hot Line: 1-217-524-4772
You may also consult the IDR’s Taxpayer Answer Center.
Tax Resources Online
- ABANetwork: Filing Your Return with a Tax Preparer
- Advice for Choosing a Tax Return Preparer
- e-file Providers for Taxpayers
- Federation of Tax Administrators: State Tax Forms
- Free File: If your adjusted gross income was $60,000 or less you can use Free File to file federal taxes online.
- Illinois Department of Revenue (IDR): Consult this site for Illinois tax info or to file your IL-1040 online.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)