You can access your library account 24 hours a day via RSACat. Just enter the barcode number printed on your library card and your password (usually the last four digits of your phone number), or you can create a username for easier login.
Once you are logged into your account, you can:
- See due dates for all items.
- View fees.
- Request renewal of items.
- Place new hold requests.
- Suspend hold requests until a later date of your choice.
- View the status of current hold requests.
- Setup text notification.
- Save and manage reading lists.
- Maintain your reading history.
- Save favorite searches and have new results emailed to you.
Having problems accessing your library account? Here are some suggestions:
- Make sure you have the minimal level of cookies enabled.
- If you are using stored passwords on your computer, try retyping your password manually.
- On the login page, press CTRL+F5 to refresh and try again.
If you still are unable to access your account after trying all of the above suggestions, please call Circulation Services at 309-274-2719.
You can receive notification by email, phone, or text when hold requests arrive or when items are overdue. (Your carrier’s charges will apply if you choose to receive text message notification.) You can change your method of notification through your online account, in person at Circulation Services, or by calling 309-274-2719. Email and text notifications to children below grade six must go to a parent or guardian.
Having problems receiving email notices for hold requests and overdue reminders? Here are a few tips:
- Check your Spam folder. If necessary, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to ensure your email provider recognizes it as a legitimate address.
- Check your library account online or ask Circulation Services to make sure we have your current email address.
Failure to receive a courtesy or overdue notice does not constitute cause for removal or reduction of fees. To make certain your materials are returned on time and to avoid late fees, please check the due dates in your online account or ask for a receipt.
To set up text notification, please visit RSACat: Text Messaging Service.
Need a little bit more time with an item? The library offers you up to three renewals for each item, and several different ways to request renewal:
- Online through RSACat – 24 hours a day.
- By calling 309-274-2719 during regular library hours.
- By replying to a renewal notice text. (Please note: replying to a renewal notice email will not renew an item.)
Why Won’t My Items Renew?
- Another user has requested the item.
- All three renewals already have been used.
- An item may not be renewable (such as kits and board games).
Check all due dates carefully to ensure that your renewal requests have gone through.
Renewal Requests for Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Items
Items requested from libraries that are not members of RSA cannot be renewed online because we must contact the owning library. Please call 309-274-2719 or ask at Circulation Services if you would like to renew these items.
BookMyne is an app that allows you to search the RSACat and manage your account easily from your mobile device! Find your next item, place items on hold, manage your account and more.